- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- Inner line permits/monuments entrance fee
- Accommodation ( 4 star + wherever applicable )
- All toll and GST Taxes
- Back up vehicle
- Backup Rider/Helper
- BBQ night
- English speaking guide
- First Aid Kit
- Food MAP Basis
- Mechanical Team
- Medical assistance 24x7
- Mineral water, Snacks, Dry fruits
- Mobile chargers on Bike
- Motorbike (500cc UCE)with fuel for the whole trip
- Oxygen Canister
- Photos and video of the whole trip.raw
- Stickers of your Club on Motorcycles
- Team Leader
- All expenses of personal nature such as Alcohol, laundry etc.
- Any item not included in the above “INCLUSIONS”.
- India Visa
- Insurance against or for accidents/loss of life, loss of goods etc.
- International /Domestic flights
- Medical insurance/Travel insurance coverage
- Motorbike damage will be covered from your Refundable security amount
- Personal insurance and evacuation charges
- Riding Gears.
- Third party insurance.
- Tips to guides, drivers etc.
- Trip extension in case of road blockage /Natural crisis.
This complete motorcycle tour will give you an excellent glimpse of Ladakh main sites and its natural, cultural and spiritual riches.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12
In morning we come to pick you up at the Kullu Airport or at the bus station and drive you to your hotel. Our representatives are there to provide you all the services and soon you’ll be introduced to the bikes and all details about the tour. Go-Pro Cameras on helmets, riding gears, Royal Enfield Bikes, let’s start riding around Manali valley with Adventure activities!
Manali - Jispa
On that day, we’ll start riding in direction of Keylong, traveling over the Rohtang pass which reaches an altitude of 4050m and from where you can see the snow white peaks of Lahaul Mountains that contrast with fluttering Buddhist prayer flags along the way. The pass provides a natural divide between the sub-humid/humid Kullu Valley with a primarily Hindu culture (in the south), and the arid/semi-arid high-altitude Lahaul and Spiti valleys with a Buddhist culture (in the north). From that side, we follow our route towards Keylong. Situated at an altitude of 3440 m, Keylong is the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh and the most populated place of that region. The region is strange, exciting, primitive mountainous and delightful. Among the white and brown mountain, Keylong stands out as oasis of greenery in the district. Rudyard Kipling said of the region "Surely the God live here”, this no place for men. Lahaul and Spiti have hardly changed with the time. People still live the way they used to live and strongly believe in conserving nature. Valley, river, mountains and green landscape makes Keylong an exciting picturesque destination for bikers and aside from its amazing landscape, the vicinity of Keylong offers several places, temples, monasteries and bazaar which are worth visiting.
Jispa - Pang
Get ready to enter in the pure Himalayan wilderness! We will cross Patseo, which was until the 1950’s a trade point for Changspa nomads and traders from Lahaul, Zanskar and Kullu. We’ll ride on a torturous zigzag shaped uphill road that lies in the shadow of the hanging glacier to Baralach La (4900m). Further, at Lachulung La, you can see incredible natural sculpture built by the wind blowing through the rocks of a canyon that reminds one of scenery in Arizona. We start our descent to the green fields of Sarchu plateau and finally reach Pang, and useful halt on Manali Leh highway. There we’ll camp and spend a fun and convivial time together before sleeping among the clouds as this place reaches an altitude of 4500m!
Pang - Leh
From Pang, let’s start our ride in direction of Leh! We follow an endless strip of asphalt loops that look like scratched into the reddish cliffs and start our descent on the More Plains road, a long, wide and straight road. The More Plain is home to many species of animals like the Tibetan wild ass or kiang, wild horses, marmots. If you are lucky, you can even spot Changspa nomads camping in the surreal landscape of the More Plains. Flanked by beautiful mountains on both sides, this area is a major attraction to the Bikers heading towards Leh from Manali. This huge ‘top-of-the-world’ plateau presents a landscape unlike anything else on your journey. After the More Plains, we start a new ascent and reach to Tanglang La, the world’s second highest motorable pass, which will lead us to our main destination: Leh.
Leh (Local Sightseeing)
On this day we will take a short break from the long ride to see more of Ladakh’s main sights. India’s "Little Tibet" was highly influenced by the presence of Singge Namgyall, the greatest king of Ladakh, who decided to open the famous trade route to Central Asia region. In 1974 the region was opened for visitors and since 2002 have a substantial number of tourists. Nowadays, Leh is the most important town and the capital of Ladakh region. With 27,513 inhabitants and an altitude of 3524m, the town tripled its size in the last two decades and became a focal point for sightseeing. In addition of its many cultural places and monuments (Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, Leh Mosque, Namgyal Tsemo Gompa...) mostly influenced by a Tibetan secular architecture, you will find great enjoyment losing yourself in the small charming narrow streets, going to meet local people and hang around in the small craft shops and markets.
Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley
From Leh, we are ready to explore the fabulous Nubra Valley, a high altitude cold desert (about 3028m altitude) with rare precipitation and scant vegetation except along river beds. On the road, we will travel over the Khardung La pass listed in Guinness World Records as it is 5602m high! The world's highest motorable pass. After taking again your breath, we start entering in the Nubra Valley where you will be impressed by the incredible diversity of its landscapes. Snow-capped peaks, Rocky Mountains full of surprising contrasts and colors, and at its base sand dunes, bordered by an abundant vegetation and its river. You will fully enjoy visiting the Diskit Monastery where is exhibited the 35 meters statue of Maitreya Buddha, go swimming in the Nubra River, riding on the back of camels or just taking a walk in that unusual surroundings…
Nubra Valley - Panamik - Leh
After taking advantage a last time of this wonderful place, we follow our route in direction of Panamik. Located about 150 kms north of Leh and at an altitude of 31Panamik.
Leh - Pangong Lake
We will start in the early morning to ride to Pangong Lake. With a size of 700 km², a depth of 100m and an altitude of 4350m, Pangong Lake is also called "long, narrow, enchanted lake" by the Tibetans. Although its water is salty, the lake freezes completely over in winter.We will stay there for one night, camping in the middle of one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world!
Pangong Lake – Leh
We will start in the early morning to ride towards Leh by crossing Changla (5360m) 3rd highest pass of Indian Himalayan Ride
Leh – Sarchu
We take the road again towards Sarchu, (also known as Sir Bhum Chun), a major halt point with tented accommodation. We will spend the night there at an altitude of 4290m!
Sarchu – Manali
From Sarchu, we begin to ride back in direction of Manali , through the wonderful region of Keylong that will still captivate you with its unique and majectic landscape. Back to Manali where our riding days come to the end. For our last night a warm farewell with camp fire, barbecue and guitar live show will be organized with Hardev Motors Team. We hope that you spent an enjoyable trip with us.
End of the tour. In the morning, you are free to do some shopping for the family and friends. Shawls, Tweed jackets, costume jewelry, Tibetan handicrafts are the local arts and crafts that you can find easily in Manali and for a reasonable price. After lunch, a transfer to the Kullu airport or Manali bus station will be organized by our team as per your schedule.
More about Ladakh
More about this tour
This complete motorcycle tour will give you an excellent glimpse of Ladakh main sites and its natural, cultural and spiritual riches.
Ladakh (“land of high passes”)the main Great Himalayas to the south, inhabited by people of Indo-Aryan and Tibetan descent. Ladakh is the highest plateau of state of Jammu &Kashmir with much of it being over 3,000 m (9,800 ft). It extends from the Himalayan to the Kunlun Ranges and includes the upper Indus River valley.
In the past Ladakh gained importance from its strategic location at the crossroads of important trade routes. Around the 1st century, Ladakh was a part of the Kushana empire. Buddhism spread into western Ladakh from Kashmir in the 2nd century when much of eastern Ladakh and western Tibet was still practicing the Bon religion….
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|TOTAL KMs||1620 km|
|TOUR TIME||11 Days|
|CULTURE||Hinduism , Buddhism|
|RIDING HOURS/DAY||6-8 hrs|
Hardev Motors Welcomes you for Superlative Moto ride adventures experience in Asia, Hardev Motors is registered under Firm Act IPA 1932, Himachal tourism Act 2002, MTOA (Motorbike tour operator association Act 1860, GST registration no. 02AAHFH9134M1ZB.
Kindly read all terms & conditions before the booking.
- Online Booking
- A deposit of 50% of the total estimated bill is required to hold the booking with in 10 days of inquiry on 100% confirm basis to secure your seat on our rides.
- HARDEV MOTORS required the Rider/Pillion to Book your Seat 90 days before the ride, As In the Himalayas there are limited resources/Hotels/Other executive services to have a hassle free ride.
- 50% Due amount have to deposit on day 1st of your arrival.
- According to your transfer details booking/confirmation letter will generate and send to you by mail for visa process.
- A PDF file of the ride will send to you by Hardev Motors office team. Kindly carry a PDF file of your ride with inclusions and exclusions.
- Motorcycle Security deposit
- Our motorcycles are third party insured and according to INDIAN law there’s no claims covered from that Insurance: Life/Motorcycle damages compare to EUROPEAN law.
- Security amount USD150 have to deposit on prior of your ride. Travel cheques are not accepted.
- The company is not responsible for the bikes damages. If the body, clutch plates damaged because of rough riding the applicant will be charged. The total amount is Refundable if there is no physical damage on the motorcycle.
- Cancellation and refunds
- 40% of the total estimated bill is refundable until 60 days before the tour starts. Above stipulated time, 0% will be refundable.
- While on a ride in rear extreme case by natural crisis/road blockage/Accident/snow fall/earthquake etc, Hardev Motors Holds the rights to changes Route plans /Abort/Detour, As rider safety is our prime concern. No amount is refundable in that condition.
- Responsibility of the applicant
- We are Riding in Asia and Indian sub continent so we will witness while riding Cows, Monkeys, Road crossing/Schools, Villages etc on the road, so we need to understand the riding speed to be maintain according to that expect As well to have safe ride on both ends (riders and Public).
As we are riding to experience beautiful Nature, Culture, Lifestyle,History and point of views of the region not to race.
- Riding is a fatal disease so kindly confirms your health insurance and travel insurance. Hardev MOTORS is not responsible in case of physical / fatal injuries.
- On our rides we explore some of the untouched mountains and roads, To keep it still pure we carry garbage bags on back up jeeps so kindly feel free to ask team where to dump Bottles/plastic bags.
- We welcome and ride with riders from any Nation. Causing Fatal/Danger environs to other group members is not acceptable. Hardev Motors holds the rights to remove you from the ride without notice and refund.
- Riding Rules:
- “Speed thrills but kills”, According to Indian driving laws for Motorcycles 65KMPH is valid speed. But this was not implemented on the road and you will see over speeding cars on highways and accidents as well,
- In the Himalayas (Ladakh, Spiti valley, Himachal Pradesh, Bhutan, Tibet, North east India) the Motorcycle speed will be 40-70KMPH depending on Road conditions/Water streams traffic etc. For (Rajasthan, South India, West Coastal Ride ) its 40- 85KMPH.
- The Road captain is a person who Knows Road s, riding rules, Region situation and point of views of the people, No overtaking is allowed from him. As Pax’s of wolfs always travel in Group with Leader.
- Certified Helmets, Riding Gears, Riding Shoes are mandatory to Join our rides. Your Safety is our prime concern.
- Riders have to bring hydration bags. To avoid too much wastage of plastic bottles.
- Carry your personal medical kit, Warm Inner and things to eat in a bag while you are riding.
- ASIA and Indian-Sub continent most of the drive are left hand side so ride As much as possible on left hand side specially in the Himalayas to avoid crashes, while riding we must be aware of the Trucks as they carry heavy load there are not able to controls as quick as light vehicles can.
- Clutch plates will burn of the motorcycle if you ride in half clutch.
- Uphill and downhill riding rules to control motorcycle is to use hard gear braking system 50%on hard gear 25%Front brake & 25%Rear brake. While we ride uphill on the curve we use a little bit front disc brake first to slow down motorcycle and then hard gears to have enough power to climb with maximum left side riding. Totally opposite while doing Down hill as Motorcycle are heavy and fast. First to drop down to hard gear then 25% front brake.
- In some of the days on the itinerary we have to ride early morning to avoid night ride.
- Trip extension
If unforeseen circumstances necessitate a trip extension or if the participants decide to extend the motorbike tour, additional costs are applicable.
- Conditions to participate in our rides
- To participate as a rider an individual has to be equal or above the age of 21 years at the time of the tour and be in possession of a valid motorcycle driving license and international driving license (for foreigners), be in good health condition and have at least 2 or 3 years experience in riding a motorcycle.
- As a pillion, an individual has to be equal or above the age of 18 years at the time of the tour, in good health condition and with at least some motorcycle co-riding experience.
- A valid International driving license
- Valid travel insurance.
- Suite case is not allowed on a ride carry Rucksack bags/duffle bags.
- Number of participants
- A minimum of 6 riders is required to start a tour.
- Things to Carry
- Riding Jacket
- Riding Lower
- Riding shoes
- Face mask
- Water proof poncho
- Personal medical kit.
- Sun Glasses.
- Go-pro camera
- 1 extra shoes
- Sun protection.
- Hand sanitizers
- Sleeping bags (In rear case of Natural crisis in the Himalayas)
- Warm and Light clothes.