Motorcycle Tours in Sach PassOVERVIEW An intrepid motorcycle tour in the Himalayas blended between adventure and nature. Through this Himalayan motorcycle tour you will discover extraordinary landscapes and challenging & untouched parts of Himalayas. Sach Pass is a (4420 m/14500 ft) high mountain pass in Chamba District, Himachal Pradesh, India on the Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas. The pass is open from June or early July to mid October. The road is narrow and un metal led. It is the gateway to the Pangi Valley. 1998 Chamba massacre also took place at Satrundi & Kalaban when 35 Hindus, mostly labourers, were shot down by terrorists, and 11 were injured. They were working for this Saach Pass road. Reason being lack of security but now whole area is under surveillance and is now getting more popular among trekkers and tourists. Let’s go for an extreme ride on one of the most treacherous road of Himachal Pradesh. 4420m above sea level, Sach Pass is very important pass of Himachal Pradesh in India as it connects the tribal area of Pangi to the district headquarters of Chamba. There is a famous temple on the Sach Pach top known as Jotta Wali Mata temple. After reaching the top, we start our descent in direction of Chamba through a large meadow and glaciers. We start our ride from Manali Keylong (or Kyelong or Kyelang) is the administrative centre of the Lahaul and Spiti district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, 126 km (78 mi) north of Manali and 120 km (75 mi) from the Indo-Tibetan border. Trilokinath Temple is one of the most beautiful temples in Lahaul-Spiti and is a popular pilgrimage site. An ancient temple, and a revered site for both Hindus and Buddhists, the temple is located on top of a hillock near the Chenab River. It is mostly noted for its scenic locale. The Pangi valley is a remote, rugged and poorly developed tribal area, it is one of the remortest area in Himachal Pradesh state. Pangi valley is divided into the Saichu, Hudan Bhatori and Sural Bhatori valleys. These are inhabited at elevations of 7,000 feet (2,100 m) to 11,000 feet (3,400 m) above sea level. Chamba is the northwestern district of Himachal Pradesh, in India, with its headquarters inChamba town. The towns of Dalhousie and Khajjhiar are popular hill stations and vacation spots for the people from the plains of northern India. Dharamsala is a city and a municipal corporation in Kangra district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the district headquarters. It was formerly known as Bhagsu. The Dalai Lama‘s residence and the headquarters of Central Tibetan Administration (the Tibetan government in exile) are in Dharamshala. Dharamshala is 18 kilometres from Kangra. Back to MANALI
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|TOTAL KMs||1035 aprox.|
|TOUR TIME||11 Days|
|CULTURE||Hinduism , Buddhism|
|RIDING HOURS/DAY||6-8 hrs|
|Options||Rider, Rider + Pillion|
Motorcycle Tours in Sach Pass
In morning we come to pick you up at the Kullu Airport or at the bus station and drive you to your hotel. Our representatives are there to provide you all the services and soon you’ll be introduced to the bikes and all details about the tour. Go-Pro Cameras on helmets, riding gears, Royal Enfield Bikes, let’s start riding around Manali Valley with Adventure activities!
On that day, we’ll start riding in direction of Keylong, traveling over the Rohtang pass which reaches an altitude of 4050m and from where you can see the snow white peaks of Lahaul Mountains that contrast with fluttering Buddhist prayer flags along the way.The pass provides a natural divide between the sub-humid/humid Kullu Valley with a primarily Hindu culture (in the south), and the arid/semi-arid high-altitude Lahaul and Spiti valleys with a Buddhist culture (in the north). From that side, we follow our route towards Keylong. Situated at an altitude of 3440 m, Keylong is the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh and the most populated place of that region. The region is strange, exciting, primitive mountainous and delightful. Among the white and brown mountain, Keylong stands out as oasis of greenery in the district. Rudyard Kipling said of the region “Surely the God live here, this no place for men.” Lahaul and Spiti have hardly changed with the time. People still live the way they used to live and strongly believe in conserving nature. Valley, river, mountains and green landscape makes Keylong an exciting picturesque destination for bikers and aside from its amazing landscape, the vicinity of Keylong offers several places, temples, monasteries and bazaar which are worth visiting.
Keylong - Triloknath - Urgos
We take the road in direction of Urgos. On the road we’ll stop to Trilokinath famous for its temple are beautiful picturesque streets. ‘Trilikonath’ is one of the names of the Hindu god, Shiva, meaning the “Lord of the Three Worlds”, but local tradition clearly relates that it was originally a Buddhist Monastery, although nothing remains of the original building. After the visit, we hit the road again through the typical lahauli countryside full of meadows and wild flower and reach our final destination of the day, Urgos, a charming village in the heartland of Lahaul and quite prosperous.
Urgos - Udaipur - Killar
Ride to Killer. On the way, a visit of Udaipur and its ancient temple, Marikula Mata temple, renowned for its wooden statues and sumptuous carvings, is planned. After the visit, we move towards Killar through the remote and rugged Pangi Valley, inhabited by Pangwal and Bhoti people, mostly Hindu.
Killar, 2591m altitude, is the administrative headquarters of the Pangi Valley. In comparison to other places in the valley, Killar is a small town buzzing with life. The matchbox shaped houses packed together on the green mountain ranges give a queer picture. A visit of Killar village and its surroundings are planned.
Killar - Sach Pass - Chamba
Let’s go for an extreme ride on one of the most treacherous road of Himachal Pradesh. 4400m above sea level, Sach Pass is very important pass of Himachal Pradesh in India as it connects the tribal area of Pangi to the district headquaters of Chamba. There is a famous temple on the Sach Pach top known as Jotta Wali Mata temple. After reaching the top, we start our descent in direction of Chamba through a large meadow and glaciers.
Known for its untouched natural beauty, Chamba is a small but attractive tourist destination of Himachal Pradesh. Its five lakes, wild life sanctuaries and countless number of temples count also among its main attractions. The day is yours to visit Chamba and its surroundings.
Chamba - Dharamshala
Leaving this charming setting, we will discover on that day Dharamsala, also called the little Lhassa because 15 000 Tibetan refugees live there around the 14th Dalai Lama residence. Rest of the day at leisure for sightseeing in the city. Its many temples, its lake, its art gallery, Dharamsala has a lot to offer in that field.
On the schedule, lots of adventure activities such as temples visits, a hike to the wonderful Bhagsu waterfalls, paragliding or, for the most courageous, an ascent to admire the spectacular view of Himalayan peaks.
Dharamshala - Manali
Back in town of adventure through the beautiful valley of Manali. The rest of the day is yours to visit Manali and its surroundings which will always astonish you with its natural and cultural wealth.
End of the tour. In the morning, you are free to do some shopping for the family and friends. Shawls, Tweed jackets, costume jewelry, Tibetan handicrafts are the local arts and crafts that you can find easily in Manali and for a reasonable price. After lunch, a transfer to the New Delhi airport or Manali bus station will be organized by our team as per your schedule.
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION & THINGS TO CARRY||Minimum age is 21 years||Dress code is formal while not riding|
|Riding Gears(Jacket, Lower, Facemask, Riding Glove)||Helmet|
|Riding boots||Water proof/Rain cover/Riding gears|
|Swiss knife||Not recommended for participants with back problems|
|Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions||Not recommended for pregnant women|
|Passport and visa copies.||You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller|
|Warm clothes(3 Jeans/2 warm jackets/thermal/etc)||Suitcases are not allowed on expedition. Carry soft bags/rucksack bags.|
- Online Booking
- A deposit of 50% of the total estimated bill is required to hold the booking on a confirm basis at least 90 days before the tour starts and Due amount will be paid on 1st day of introduction/paper work.
- Security deposit
- Refundable if there is no damage on the bike.
- Required deposit: Rs. 10000/- per bike & one original ID proof.
- Cancellation and refunds
- 40% of the total estimated bill is refundable until 30 days before the tour starts.
- Above the stipulated time, 20% will be reimbursed.
- Responsibility of the applicant
- The company is not responsible in case of physical or fatal injuries.
- The company is not responsible for the bikes damages. If the body, clutch plates or riding gears are damaged because of rough riding the applicant will be charged.
- Trip extension
- If unforeseen circumstances necessitate a trip extension or if the participants decide to extend the motorbike tour, additional costs will be charged to them.
- Unexpected disruptions
- Hardev Motors organizes guided motorcycle tours in some of the wildest areas on earth, accordingly the weather and environment can be unstable especially in the Himalayas.
- Company is not responsible for changes in the itinerary or program that are a result of roadblocks, landslides, monsoon, heavy rain or snow fall and any natural crisis.
- Number of participants
- The cost is calculated with 6 riders, under/above this number, the package cost might increase/Decrease.
- Pay pal money transfer.
- The PayPal booking amount additional commission will be paid by the Participants only.
- Number of participants
- A minimum of 6 riders is required to start a tour. Under this number, The package cost might increase
- Conditions to participate in our rides
- To participate as a rider an individual has to be equal or above the age of 18 years at the time of the tour and be in possession of a valid motorcycle driving license and international driving license (for foreigners), be in good health condition and have at least 2 or 3 years experience in riding a motorcycle.
- As a pillion, an individual has to be equal or above the age of 12 years at the time of the tour, in good health condition and with at least some motorcycle co-riding experience.
The Cost includes:
- 6 Motorbike (500cc UCE)with fuel for the whole trip 11 days
- Backup vehicle to carry luggage, spare parts and mechanic for the entire trip as per the itinerary.
- Road captain with Motorbike
- with all Spare parts and tool kit
- Accommodation for 11 Nights (Twin sharing)
- Food MAP basis (Breakfast , Dinner )
- Juices and Mineral water.
- Helper / Back-up- Rider
- Medical kit (inc. Oxy. cylinder)
- Farewell party on a last day of ride.
- Cultural Program.
- T-shirts of our club
- Stickers of our Club on Motorcycles
- Photos and video of the whole trip.
- Inner line permits/monuments entrance fee
- Pick up & Dropping at (Kullu) airport /Bus Stand.
- All toll and GST Taxes.
- International /Domestic flights
- India Visa
- Motorbike damage will be covered from your Refundable security amount
- Medical insurance/Travel insurance coverage
- Trip extension in case of road blockage /Natural crisis.
- Riding Gears.
- Personal insurance and evacuation charges
- All expenses of personal nature such as Alcohol, laundry etc.
- Insurance against or for accidents / loss of life, loss of goods etc.
- Third party insurance.
- Tips to guides, drivers etc.
- Any item not included in the above “cost Includes
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Dress code is formal while not riding
- Riding Gears(Jacket, Lower, Facemask, Riding Glove)
- Riding boots
- Water proof/Rain cover/Riding gears
- Personal medicines
- Swiss knife
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Passport and visa copies.
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller
- Warm clothes(3 Jeans/2 warm jackets/thermal/etc)
- Suitcases are not allowed on expedition. Carry soft bags/rucksack bags