Detailed Route Plan
Manali - Banjar
Banjar - Sarahan
Sarahan - Chitkul
Chitkul - Kalpa
Kalpa - Nako - Tabo
Tabo - Kaza
Kaza - Kibber - Komic - Kaza
Kaza - Chandratal Lake
Chandratal Lake - Manali
Spiti Valley, with an average height of 12,500 feet above sea level, is a desert mountain which lies nestled between India and Tibet. With clear shining blue skies, snow-capped mountains piercing up and turquoise green streams. This 10 day Spiti Valley and Kinnaur round trip on the Hindustan-Tibet highway and the Manali – Kaza highway is by far the most unforgettable drives you’ll take in your life.
The Spiti Valley is a desert mountain valley located high in the Himalayan Mountains in the north-eastern part of Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The name “Spiti” means “The Middle Land”, i.e. the land between Tibet and India.
Spiti valley is accessible throughout the year via Kinnaur from Shimla route on a difficult 412 km long road. Tourists from outside India need inner line permits to enter Spiti through Kinnaur. Spiti’s border start at Samdo [74 km from Kaza] which is quite near to India-China border. In summer it can be reached via Manali through Rohtang pass and Kunzum pass. Manali is 201 km away from Kaza headquarter of Spiti subdivision. Due to high elevation, one is likely to feel altitude sickness in Spiti.
We start our ride from manali:
Banjar is a beautiful town in Kullu district in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India. Banjar is also known as the ‘Valley of God’. The beautiful and green Tirthan valley is also located in Banjar.
Sarahan is a small picturesque village in Himachal Pradesh of India. It is the site of famous Bhimkali Temple, originally known as Bhimadevi Temple, dedicated to the mother goddess Bhimakali, presiding deity of the rulers of the former State. The temple is situated about 170 kilometres from Shimla and is one of 51 Shakti peeths. The village is known as the gateway of Kinnaur it being near the old Indo-Tibetan Road
Chitkul (Chittkul) is a village in Kinnaur of Himachal Pradesh. It is the last inhabited village near the Indo-China border. The Indian road ends here. During winters, the place mostly remains covered with the snow and the inhabitants move to lower regions of Himachal. Potatoes grown at Chittkul are one of the best in the world and are very costly
Kalpa is a small town in the Sutlej river valley, above Recong Peo in the Kinnaur of Himachal Pradesh, Nothern India, in the Indian Himalaya. Inhabited by Kinnauri people and famous for its apple orchards.
Tabo is a small town in the Lahaul and Spiti districts on the banks of the Spiti river in Himachal Pradesh, India. The town lies on the road between Recong Peo and Kaza (alternative spelling: Kaja), the sub-divisional headquarters of Spiti
The town of Kaza, Kaze or Kaja is the subdivisional headquarters of the remote Spiti valley in the Lahaul and Spiti of the state of Himachal Pradesh in the Western Himachal of India. Spiti, which is a part of the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal, is a high altitude or cold desert having close similarities to the neighbouring Tibet and Ladakh regions in terms of terrain, climate and the Buddhist culture. Kaza, situated along the Spiti river at an elevation of 3,650 metres (11,980 ft) above mean sea level, is the largest township and commercial centre of the valley.
Chandra Taal (meaning the Lake of the Moon), or Chandra Tal, is situated at an altitude of about 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in the Himalayas. Mountains of scree overlook the lake on one side, and a magnificent cirque presents a view on the other. The name of the lake originates from its crescent shape. Situated in the Spiti part of the Lahaul and Spiti district.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|TOUR TIME||11 Days|
|CULTURE||Hinduism , Buddhism|
|RIDING HOURS/DAY||6-8 hrs|
- Motorbike (500cc UCE) with FUEL for the whole trip 11 days
- Backup vehicle to carry luggage, spare parts and mechanic for the entire trip as per the itinerary.
- Road captain with Motorbike.
- Mechanics with all Spare parts and toolkit.
- Accommodation for 11 Nights (Twin sharing)
- Food MAP basis (Breakfast, Dinner)
- Juices and Mineral water.
- Helper / Back-up- Rider
- Medical kit (including oxygen canister).
- Farewell party on a last day of ride.
- Cultural Program.
- T-shirts of our club.
- Stickers of our Club on Motorcycles.
- Photos and video of the whole trip.
- Inner line permits/monuments entrance fee
- Pick up & Dropping at (Kullu) airport /Bus Stand.
- All toll and GST Taxes.
- International /Domestic flights
- India Visa
- Motorbike damage will be covered from your Refundable security amount
- Medical insurance/Travel insurance coverage
- Trip extension in case of road blockage /Natural crisis.
- Riding Gears.
- Personal insurance and evacuation charges.
- All expenses of personal nature such as Alcohol, laundry etc.
- Insurance against or for accidents/loss of life, loss of goods etc.
- Third party insurance.
- Tips to guides, drivers etc.
- Any item not included in the above “INCLUSIONS”